Subject: [members-discuss] Is there a good reason to continue having the unmoderated mailing lists?
From: Ben Cartwright-Cox via members-discuss <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 16:19:02 +0000
List-Id: <members-discuss.ripe.net>

Hello everybody,

I was going through the mailman instance and came across these two
-unmoderated lists:

https://mailman.ripe.net/archives/list/[email-masked]/

https://mailman.ripe.net/archives/list/[email-masked]/

These mailing lists appear to be almost entirely full of spam/garbage,
with such items like:

* Petroleum Product Allocation
* "Signed Contract Agreement.pdf"
* "bulletproof RDP/unlimited SMTP/https cpanel"
* "DHL Shipping Document/Tracking No Confirmation"
* Apply For UK Loan Desire

Is there much reason to keep these lists around? I assume keeping it
this way poses some challenges towards MTA IP reputation at the very
least, and people who are subscribed to a mailing list have some stake
in ensuring that they can continue to receive email from RIPE mailing
lists!

Cheers
Ben
-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, please visit: https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/members-discuss.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/